1. Please welcome the amazing Stacey Rourke!! She is one of the sweetest, funniest, most talented authors that we have met! Enjoy our interview with her!! Also, make sure you read all the way to the end for a special trailer for her next book in The Grypon Series, Sacrifice!!!
We must know: What book are you reading right now?
Kasadya; Hellhound Awakened by Karen Swart. HIGHLY recommend.
2. Are the characters within The Gryphon Series based on anyone that you know in real life?
Kendall is based on my daughter, who much like Keni is a creature that seems capable of only love in its purest and most genuine form. Grams is based on both my husband and my great grandmothers. Both were cool chicks that never let age keep them from a good time. And Celeste, well she’s the “every girl” I hope everyone that reads this series can relate to her in some way.
3. Which one of the characters do you feel the biggest connection with and why?
Celeste, totally. Her and I speak sarcasm fluently.
4. What can you tell us about the third full-length novel, Sacrifice, in The Gryphon Series?
Look at you trying to get the dirt! Sneaky, sneaky! Well there will be a wedding, a betrayal, and a gut wrenching loss all tied together with witty dialogue and snappy one liners. That pretty much sums it up! Hah!
5. How did you end up starting your own publishing company, Anchor Group?
That is a very long story. The abbreviated version is that I had been toying with the idea of launching a publishing house for a while. Then one day the opportunity quite literally fell in my lap. There were other authors—dear friends of mine—that told me they believed in me and they would stand beside me as I transitioned into this role. Had they not been there I probably would’ve thrown my hands up and not even attempted it. But they had so much faith in me that I jumped in with both feet. Best decision I ever made. To Christy Sloat, Katherine Polillo and Melissa Ringsted I have to add; thank you ladies for believing in me and for seeing me as the AG Cap’n when the idea still terrified me.
6. If you were to give another writer advice, what would be your #1 piece of advice?
Read. Any kind of books you can get your hands on in as many genres as possible! Only through reading will you get the tools you need to be a great writer.
7. If the world was coming to an end within the next 24 hours, what five things would you HAVE to do before everything went boom?
My family, my friends, a bottle of rum and some deep belly laughs. I know that’s only four, but really then I’d be good!
1. Favorite Color? Blue
2. Favorite Animal? Dogs
3. Favorite Book? Mine of course! LOL
4. Favorite Drink? Day time-sweet tea, evening-RUM
5. Favorite Day of the Week? Saturday
6. Favorite Holiday? Christmas
7. Polka Dots or Stripes? Polka Dots
8. Cats or Dogs? Again, dogs!
9. Favorite Season? Summer
10. Favorite Movie? Pirates of the Caribbean At World’s End
We hope you enjoy this Fabulous trailer for Sacrifice! We can't wait to read this book!