Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Review of Soft Sounds of Pleasure by Eden Connor


THIS REVIEW IS NOT INTENDED FOR ANYONE UNDER THE AGE OF 18!!!


Book Blurb:

Lila Walker has batted lead-off in Colton De Marco's fantasies for years, and now that he's stumbled upon her sunbathing in the nude, he decides to take his best swing.

Coping with her ogre-in-law, her inability to collect her late husband's life insurance, and the knowledge the entire town's counting the days she wears widow's weeds, Lila decides some between-the-sheets batting practice is just the distraction she needs--even if their sexy scrimmage won't last the summer.

But is she missing Colton's signals that he's in it to win it? And can Colton knock it out of the park with the attractive widow before his thirteen-year-old nephew's foul attitude gets him thrown out of the game?


Review:

Eden Connor’s Soft Sounds of Pleasure is smoking hot!  Like must take a cold shower multiple times hot!  When I sat down to read her book recently I was wondering how this story would play out.  But, pretty quickly I found out that while she might have written an erotic tale, it was also a heart-wrenching one as well. 
          The story revolves around the developing relationship between Lila and Colton, who are separated by age and life experiences.  Lila lost her husband tragically and a year later is still struggling to deal with the loss.  Colton has just taken over custody of his nephew whose mother was killed just as tragically.  Between Lila and Jonah, Colton has a lot on his plate. 
          Somehow the three of them bond over baseball of all things, as Lila’s grown son used to play and Jonah wants to play now.  Colton, much like myself, does not understand baseball, and it is only through Lila’s help that he begins to see the finer points to the game. 
          The story plays out in way that I didn’t see coming, but I was riveted, desperately trying to figure out how all of this would end.  But, I am not going to tell you what happens, because you need to buy the book and find out for yourself.  Just keep in mind, you really might need that shower, or better yet, a soak in a tub of ice to cool down afterwards!  Happy Reading everyone!


I use my B.A. in Psychology to write about characters you can love, making decisions you can respect. Most of my stories are set where I live, in South Carolina, so expect the handsome stranger to come equipped with a slow southern drawl. I'm addicted to hazelnut coffee creamer and collecting cranberry glass. I like the music of Motown and when not writing about characters behaving badly, I take a stab at the occasional needlepoint 
canvas.

Want to win an e-copy of Eden Connor’s books?  Leave a comment, thanking Eden for joining us today, and you are entered to win an e-copy of each of her books, Soft Sounds of Pleasure and Wildly Inappropriate!!!


Stalker Links: 






Buy Links: 





6 comments:

  1. Thank you for stopping by and giving us the opportunity to win.

    cmucha319@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all want to give you a very warm heart felt welcome for joining us today. By we I mean my Shih-Tzus and mini pincher. Oh yeah and three cats. We have reading time each night before bed. Yep we all crawl in bed with tea for me and popcorn for all of us and I read to them. And they seem to really be interested. Will post a pic on my wall. Anyway we are glad you are here today and of course we wold love love to read you books. Thank you. Rebecca Mills shihtzushappens@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for joining us today and for the giveaway. Great cover and very beautiful story.

    I love your new design!
    artgiote at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi y'all! Nice to be here. Rebecca, I let an English bulldog share my bed these days. He snores and belches and farts...it's almost like having my hubby back. Well, except for the fact that hubby didn't shed nearly as much as Deuce does. :p

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, the above comment made me laugh. No belching or farting dog here :)
    Laurenalumbaugh7@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used the Draw Straws online app to select a winner at random. The winner of (1) copy of BOTH Soft Sounds of Pleasure and Wildly Inappropriate is CB Barton! Here's the link to the drawing results:
    http://www.dsrw.org/~dlg/web/straws.php?action=static&static=afa4f683c7e4c0cac1ad26f735084a79&date=20120928

    Thank you all so much for coming by to chat with me here at R&M Book blogs, and special thanks to Ruthi, my fellow South Carolinian, for taking a chance and reading her very first naughty book! Come to the dark side, darling, we have sex...and cookies! :D

    Ladies, please watch your inboxes, I'm sending you all a little gift from me to you, as my way of saying 'thanks, and it's been so nice meeting you'.

    ~E

    ReplyDelete