Monday, October 22, 2012

Spotlight Feature on Author Cambria Hebert and her Novel Masquerade (Heven and Hell Series)


Let’s give a warm welcome to our special guest reviewer, Samantha T., from Momof2BookReviews!  She is absolutely amazing and we are so honored to have her doing a guest review for us today! Make sure you check out her stalker links as well and show some love!


Review:
In Cambria Hebert's novel Masquerade, we meet Heven.  Heven is a high school student who used to be a cheerleader and one of the most popular girls in school.  She was happy and had everything in her life she could ever want.  But that was Before...  One night, while leaving a late night library session, she was attacked, leaving one side of her face severely disfigured.  What's strange is Heven can't remember anything about the attack, other than she *thinks* it was an animal.  Now, instead of being a peppy high school student, she hides behind hoodies and baggy clothes.  No one really treats her the same, other than her BFF Kimber and Kimber's boyfriend Cole.  Heven now spends all of her time at home, scared of the outside world.

Enter Sam, a handsome new student who seems to have some sort of pull towards Heven.  He seems desperate to spend time near Heven, and for some reason, he makes Heven feel safe for the first time since the attack.  How can he still find her so stunning with her scars?  Heven can't seem to make sense of it.  Sam seems so mysterious, as though he is hiding things.  Will Heven be able to handle the truth? What will Sam do when Heven finds out his secrets?

I loved this novel.  I would highly recommend reading the prequel entitled Before.  It gives a little insight into the storyline that you don't get from Masquerade.  You can tell that this was a very well thought-out story, and Hebert spent a great deal of time on it.  There was so much going on yet I never got lost because the whole book was so well written.  You get perspectives from many of the characters, not just Heven, so it was easy to be drawn in and feel like I was truly inside of the story.

I have most definitely jumped on the Heaven and Hell Series bandwagon and look forward to reading more ASAP.  If you like YA and Paranormal Romance, you will love this series!



Book Blurb: Masquerade (Heven and Hell Series)

Before. Everything was so much better Before. I wasn't haunted by nightmares, my place at school was secure and my face was flawless. Now, I'm a freak and everything has changed. The worst part is that I can't remember the night I was sentenced to the shadows. The memory has been stolen from me and I just can't shake the feeling that someone, something is out there -watching. Just when I think I have my life handled, Sam, with his intimidating golden stare and shiver inducing voice, makes me realize that I don't know anything. He makes me see that my scars don't matter. That they never mattered. I can't help but fall for him, completely unknowing that he knows exactly how I got this way. Not knowing he was involved. *** Heven has no idea how closely death stalks her. She has no idea what I have done to keep her alive. I fear the day she learns my secrets, finds out what I really am. But even then I cannot stop, I vow to make things right. Finally her hunter will be hunted, Heaven and Hell, faith and sin will battle, and we will be victorious. But first, Heven must learn to be what she never imagined. I know her strength is there - I feel it. If we are to overcome all odds, she must push past her flaws - her frailties - to become much more.


Book Trailer: Masquerade


Book Trailer: Between

Book Trailer: Charade

Book Trailer: Bewitched

Book Trailer: Tirade

Author Bio:
Author. Blogger. Latte Sipper.
Cambria Hebert is an author who wrote her first book at the age of fifteen. It was terrible. But the passion for writing never went away so years later when she opened her laptop and started typing she worked until she wrote a book that she hopes everyone will be as excited about as she is.

Cambria is obsessed with werewolves and is terrified of chickens (they are creepy!)She is an animal lover that would choose coffee over food and her favorite TV show is the Vampire Diaries (Hell-O Damon!)

Stalker Links: 





  Buy Links: 






















3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful review!!!!! I love this post it looks so halloweenish and its frighteningly good! lol.
    I can tell you spent so much time getting everything together and I so appreciate your time. Thank you so much for having me here today, and for reviewing Masquerade, you rock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow!!!! Adding to my halloween read list!

    ReplyDelete