Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Spotlight on Jennifer Malone Wright!!


Review:
Welcome to the world of The Vampire Hunter’s Daughter.  This review is for the Complete Collection, not just Part 1. 
Chloe Kallistrate is 14 years old when she witnesses the murder of her mother.  Her home is under siege but with the help of some unlikely rescuers, she manages to escape the clutches of the killers who ruined her world.  This is when she finds out that her life has revolved around a lie: her father is indeed alive...but he’s also a vampire.

Chloe leaves her old life behind in order to begin her new life as a Vampire Hunter, training with her Grandfather and Drew, she vows to avenge her mother...by killing her own father.  Will Chloe be able to keep her distance from Drew and concentrate on completing her goal?  Will her Grandfather and the other Vampire Hunters be able to protect her from Trevor (her father)??  Be prepared for a fast-paced, whirlwind journey that will literally have you demanding more. 

Chloe is a very strong female character.  She literally pulls this book into the realm of utterly amazing.  The books themselves are great, but the presence of such a strong and enchanting heroine is what really sets this series apart from the rest of the books out there.  You, as the reader, feel a kinship with this young woman, wanting to help her achieve her new life’s goal.  Heck, I’d be more than happy to join the fight.  That might have something to do with Drew as well though.  He is enticing!!  You want to knock him upside the head at almost every turn, but you can’t help but want to curl up with him beside a roaring fire as well...I digress.

I recommend you pick up your copy of The Vampire Hunter’s Daughter, by Jennifer Malone Wright, as soon as you can.  Part 1 of the series is ALWAYS FREE on Amazon, so you can try it before you buy it.  But I guarantee that you will own the complete series before you even know what hit you.  Yep...they’re THAT good!!

Author Interview:

Can you tell us an interesting fact about you, your writing, or anything at all?  Or, is there anything in particular you want the readers to know about you?
There isn’t really all that much interesting about me. It’s a pretty well-known fact that I have five kids, so that I get any writing at all done is interesting enough. lol
When did you first know that writing was what you wanted to do as a career?
I have known since I was a little girl that I wanted to be a published author. People always told me that writers didn’t make any money though, so not to plan on that. So, I tried being a freelance writer, journalist…that wasn’t for me, I like fiction too much so real life isn’t as fun.
When you are working on a book, do you plan ahead, or do you let the story flow as you write?
I used to just let the story flow as I write, but now I have learned that planning is an absolute must for a good book to take the proper course and have the required elements that it needs.
Is there a special place in your home that you work at?
I have to work at the dining room table so that I can see the kids. I have an office, but it’s full of paper work and junk that I have half way unpacked from when we moved. It sucks, but I do write better when the kids are at school or asleep.
Are any of your characters in your books based on people that you know in real life?
No specific characters are completely a person I know in real life. But all of my characters have little pieces and some characteristics of people that I know in real life. Can’t help it, real life seeps its way into our writing no matter what.
Do you have an interesting writing quirk? Maybe something that you have to do while writing or something that you have to do before you start writing?
I normally have to have my hair up when I write and I like to have my ear buds in, even if there is no music, because it sort of…blocks out reality and lets me into my make believe world.
What is your opinion on Indie publishing versus mainstream publishing?
I’m an indie author and I love it. Unless I’m offered a million bucks, I’ll probably always be an indie. I think mainstream is great, we need it and I think it always needs to be there. Also, it gives indie authors who want to be traditionally published a goal to look forward to. I like both; I think both are necessary to the writing world.
Do you hear from your fans a lot? If so, what are some of the best & worst things that you have heard?
I do hear a lot from my fans! Love them… The best things I’ve heard are how much they love my writing, and I really haven’t heard anything that I would qualify as “worst” so I’ll leave that one alone. J
What does your family think of your writing?
My family love that I’m a writer because they knew that was what I always wanted to do. It’s been an adjustment as I get a bit more known, but otherwise they are supportive and loving.
How has being published changed your life, if any way?
It’s changed my life because this is now a job, not just a hobby. I have had to make some serious changes in my daily life, like sending my little guys to preschool and forcing my family to realize that I am working when I’m on the computer (most of the time) Basically, being published has just made my life better and has allowed me more independence.
What are you currently working on?  We would love to know what is coming next from you.
Right now I’m working on the continuation of The Vampire Hunter’s Daughter; it’s going to be called The Arcadia Falls Chronicles. I am working on a few other things but, it will be a while before that stuff is out.
What advice would you give to someone who wants to be a writer?
I would tell them, make sure to research, make sure to get an editor, write as much as you can, and don’t listen to the haters who tell you that you can’t do what you want to do.
What was the hardest part of writing your book?
I think the hardest part was writing part five, because Chloe was by herself a lot and I didn’t have the other people involved to keep the story rolling.
What books (or authors) have influenced you the most during your career?
I have tons of authors who are great wonderful authors and have influenced me with their work since I was young. But, I really have to say that Michelle L. Devon has been one of the most inspirational people I know. She has become my mentor, my friend, and without her I wouldn’t be where I am right now.

Fun Questions:
Favorite flavor of ice cream: Vanilla with chocolate sauce.
Favorite color: Purple
Favorite animal: Dog
Favorite season of the year: Fall
Favorite Author: Too many too choose
Favorite drink: Coffee. Oh, do you mean alcohol, if so then add some Kahlua to that then.
Favorite food: I love breads.
Favorite Halloween Candy: I am not much of a candy person to begin with, but if I had to choose I would say that I like caramel apples. Does that qualify as candy?

The Vampire Hunter’s Daughter Commercial:




Author Bio:


Jennifer Malone Wright resides in the beautiful mountains of northern Idaho with her husband and five children. Between the craziness of taking care of her children, whose ages range from fifteen all the way down to one year, and being a homemaker, Jennifer has little time left for herself. The time she does have left, usually leading far into the night, is spent working on freelance work or her beloved fiction.

When she grew up, Jennifer always had her nose in a book. She has been writing stories and poems since grade school. This love of the written word and her strong interest in the paranormal is what has led to her first novel "The Birth of Jaiden," and her new series "The Vampire Hunter's Daughter."

In addition to being a mother and homemaker, Jennifer is also a very proud military wife. Moving around the country for the last eleven years has made her a bit of a nomad and she finds it difficult to be in one place for too long.

Stalker Links:






Buy Links:









No comments:

Post a Comment