Friday, August 3, 2012

Review of The Conduit by Stacey Rourke


Well here goes!  I am venturing forth into the realm of bloggers! 

I recently read Stacey Rourke’s The Conduit and let me tell you, I couldn’t put it down!  Here I am stressed out thirty-something college student, and I found a book that kept me up till five in the morning!

From the beginning of the book you are drawn into the world of Celeste, an eighteen year old girl who feels out of her league, especially when she compares herself to her athletic older brother Gabe, and her perky blond younger sister, Kendall. Celeste comes face to face with a challenge she never saw coming in a million years, all thanks to a pact made by an ancestor to a mythical being centuries ago.  She must band together with her siblings to defeat a centuries old evil villain, and still manage to deal with her wild and out there Grams. I found myself rooting for the conglomeration of jock, artist, and social butterfly, hoping and praying that they would pull it together.  I don’t want to give it away, but the twist at the end made me want to cry for Celeste! There are so many good things that I could say about this book, but I can’t without giving away too much! With wonderfully dynamic characters and a plot that pulls you in, Stacey Rourke has created a true page turner that had me wondering until the end. 

For those of you who are interested in reading The Conduit, and I truly hope you are, the book is available on Amazon for $3.99, which considering the amount of enjoyment I got out of it, is a great deal.  

No comments:

Post a Comment